Friday, January 9, 2009

The saga of Turbo, the amazing one-eyed pirate cat

By the way, the family has a cat named Turbo, which my father found on the side of the road in August of 2003. This was Turbo then:

This was Turbo in the summer of 2004:


Over last Christmas, I took this rather amusing (to my mind) video: Admittedly, for such a cute kitten, he didn't turn out to be the handsomest of cats. But he makes up for it with character. He's a tiny little thing--he must weigh about 8 lbs. or so--but he's got the personality of four larger such animals (or 6 dogs). In a showdown, he would probably best both of my cats (who clock in at around 12 lbs.), he's just that feisty. Also, he chases the dogs. (They deserve it.) But if you pick him up and pet him in a particular way, he'll fall asleep in your arms. Adorable.

A few months ago, my mumsey came home to find Turbo screaming--his eye had been punctured in what we assume was an epic, no-holds barred cat (or perhaps dog) fight. The vet had to remove his eye (poor little guy); at least he's still alive (which is more than can be said for my cat, Buffy, or my brother's cat, Cassidy, both of whom left the house (not together) and never came back within a few months of each other). This Christmas was the first time I'd seen him since his cyclopsisation.

(I have no idea who that weirdo holding the cat is.)

No comments: